Proposal: Audiobook

From: Wallis,Richard <Richard.Wallis@oclc.org>
Date: Thu, 19 Sep 2013 11:30:01 +0000
To: "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
This is a proposal from the Schema Bib Extend Group<http://www.w3.org/community/schemabibex/>, consisting of 80+ people from a broad cross section of publishers, libraries, and others interested in enhancing Schema.org<http://Schema.org>'s capabilities in the area of bibliographic and associated resources.

Proposal:
To create a new Type: 'Audiobook'

An audiobook is sufficiently different to other book types to warrant the proposal for another type.

The proposal is that Audiobook is a sub-type of both Book<http://schema.org/Book> and AudioObject<http://schema.org/AudioObject>.  I am not sure if I have seen a Type in Schema that has more than one super-type before, so I am wondering if this is a valid approach.

Detailed proposal posted on the WebSchemas wiki: Audiobook<http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/Audiobook>

Richard Wallis
Technology Evangelist, OCLC
richard.wallis@oclc.org