Re: Semantically marking up a "checklist" or process

From: Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Date: Wed, 11 Sep 2013 17:27:08 +0200
Cc: Jarno van Driel <jarno@quantumspork.nl>, Justin Boyan <jaboyan@google.com>, Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>, Guha Guha <guha@google.com>, TallyFy <hello@tallyfy.com>, PublicVocabs <public-vocabs@w3.org>, Vicki Tardif Holland <vtardif@google.com>, Sam Goto <goto@google.com>
To: Jason Douglas <jasondouglas@google.com>
Hi Jason:

On Sep 11, 2013, at 4:32 PM, Jason Douglas wrote:

> >> So I revisit my proposal and suggest to add a property
>
> >>       represents Thing The entity represented by the entry in the list (e.g. the artist, song, ...).
>
> > We still need to support text entries in numbered lists -- which property would be used for that (ListItem.name, ListItem.description, ListItem.represents, ... )?  Otherwise, this looks about right to me.

If the list item element is *just a string*, then simply use

	ItemList.itemListElement (as in the current version of schema.org).

If the list element is a typed entity, then use

	ListItem.name for the name
and
	ListItem.description for a longer textual description (e.g. if a list item has a headline and a paragraph).

Okay?

Martin

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group