Re: Proposal: make http://schema.org/Offer more friendly for non-commercial usage

From: Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Date: Tue, 10 Sep 2013 16:17:47 +0200
Cc: public-vocabs@w3.org
To: Dan Scott <dan@coffeecode.net>
From the perspective of GoodRelations, the proposal is fine, since GR is built around this broader notion of offers anyway.

I have only one comment:

For the "seller" property, I am inclined to keep that because the more generic, new "offerer" property may be too abstract for broad audiences.

But I am not totally against that either.

Note that there also is the demand side from GoodRelations represented in

    http://schema.org/Demand

but that should work in your scenarios as it stands.

Martin

On Sep 10, 2013, at 4:04 PM, Dan Scott wrote:

> Support for the general idea of modifying Offer and its associated types
> and properties to better support non-commercial offers has already been
> expressed by others on the public-vocabs list[1]. As this is of
> particular interest to the schema-bibex group, I put together a more
> thorough proposal at http://www.w3.org/community/schemabibex/wiki/Broaden_Offer_usage
>
> The schema-bibex group has reviewed and improved this proposal and
> supports bringing it forward to public-vocabs.
>
> So... feedback / questions / contributions welcome!
>
> 1. http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-vocabs/2013Aug/0013.html
>
> Thanks,
> Dan

martin hepp