Re: Author markup question

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Wed, 4 Sep 2013 11:47:23 +0100
To: Willem-Siebe Spoelstra <wsspoelstra@gmail.com>
Cc: "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On 4 September 2013 11:35, Willem-Siebe Spoelstra <wsspoelstra@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Why do I see this in examples on schema.org:

> What I don't understand is why this is correct, the expected type is not
> 'text' but for example 'person'.
>
> So the only way this is correct I think is:

> Am I right or wrong here?

Hi. You have the correct intuition here - that the short form is not
strictly correct, and should more properly be written out in full as
you show.

Schema.org is a pragmatic effort though, hence
http://schema.org/docs/datamodel.html
""" We also expect that often, where we expect a property value of
type Person, Place, Organization or some other subClassOf Thing, we
will get a text string. In the spirit of "some data is better than
none", we will accept this markup and do the best we can."""