From: LeVan,Ralph [mailto:levan@oclc.org]
Sent: Wednesday, October 30, 2013 2:58 PM
To: Peter Patel-Schneider; Christian Bizer
Cc: Guha; Martin Hepp; W3C Vocabularies
Subject: RE: schema.org and proto-data, was Re: schema.org as reconstructed
from the human-readable information at schema.org

"Consume" is such a slippery word.  If all you want to do it read a lot of
possibly malformed HTML, then you can do that with a lot of tools.  But, the
more data you hope to intelligently extract from that HTML, the more
intellectual resources you're going to have to throw at interpreting the
vast amount of garbage you get.  So, the big boys are likely to do better
than you or I at the vast majority of the cruft out there.  But, we can do
pretty well with either low expectations or by getting our data from domains
that map well to our own models/business needs.

Your mileage may vary.

Ralph