Re: schema.org and proto-data, was Re: schema.org as reconstructed from the human-readable information at schema.org

From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@openlinksw.com>
Date: Wed, 30 Oct 2013 12:19:30 -0400
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
On 10/30/13 11:35 AM, Guha wrote:

>     So the major driver for getting more structured data onto the Web
>     are mainstream applications consuming it ...
>

> Yes Yes Yes! This matter far far more than anything else. This, and
> only this will move the needle.

A suggestion:

Could the fundamental point expressed above be reflected as clearly as
possible in schema.org documentation? Basically, that schema.org's prime
focus is all about aiding structured data proliferation across the Web.
Basically, its the top left circle in the venn diagram [1] I published a
while back.

Structured Data is the key beachhead to everything else, and it doesn't
need to be driven (or overwhelmed) by the entity relationship semantics
precision of efforts such as RDF.

[1] http://bit.ly/16EVFVG -- Identifiers, Structured Data
Representation, and Logic.

--