RE: schema.org and proto-data, was Re: schema.org as reconstructed from the human-readable information at schema.org

> From: Martin Hepp [mailto:martin.hepp@unibw.de]
>
> For instance, the more precisely you define the semantics of a conceptual element,
> the less likely will it become that the provider and consumer of data associate the
> exact same set of entities with that type.

I can certainly attest to that in the Library community!  I keep waiting for someone to notice that we think the Pope is a corporation!  When you start looking at the full semantics of our bibliographic records, you'll discover that we have 8 different definition for a book's title (Uniform title, Cover title, Spine title, Running title, Parallel title, Distinctive title, Added title, Caption title) and a single book can have many of those titles, but we have to dumb it all down to just "title" in everyone else's schema.

Ralph