Re: schema.org and proto-data, was Re: schema.org as reconstructed from the human-readable information at schema.org

The first kind of behaviour described below is, perhaps, a flaw, which can
be fairly easily fixed by turning the text into a simple item.  The main
wrinkle is whether the text becomes the name of the item or a description
of the item.

The second kind of behaviour is not a flaw at all, in that there is good
data on the pages.   Of course, one might want to do better by analyzing
the text on the page to do better, but that isn't required.  And why stop
at the text in the schema.org property values?  As suggested elsewhere,
another way to improve the situation here is to have better examples so
that content providers can more easily produce better data.

The biggest issue with determining what works and what doesn't in
schema.orgis that there is no real description of either the data
model of
schema.org or the meaning (informal or formal) of data in this model.
Hopefully this will be forthcoming shortly.   (I have a short document on
what I would hope that the result looks like.)

peter