Re: Skos, Schema.org and gender

On Sun, 27 Oct 2013 03:30:30 +1100, Antoine Isaac <aisaac@few.vu.nl> wrote:

> Hi Jean,
>
> Since SKOS and the notion of preferred label is not yet included in
> schema.org I believe this is rather a question for the SKOS list...

Since SKOS has their own lists, it is probably better to try and deal with
SKOS stuff there. But this isn't the "schema.org" list, it is
public-vocabs. So SKOS is at least well in scope.

And the issue of how to avoid the trap of naming things, and then
discovering that other languages needmore than one name because e.g. they
change according to gender, is at least potentially relevant beyond SKOS.
As any actor in this space would know, if she thought it were important to
call herself an actress.

cheers

Chaals