Re: SKOS for schema.org proposal for discussion

On 10/27/13 9:13 AM, Young,Jeff (OR) wrote:
> If we imagine hunger as an example, it is not a "ConceptList" or a
> "TopicList or a "TermList" or any kind of list. It's also not a
> "term" because people die from hunger, not the word(s) used to
> symbolize it. The role of "topic" is adequately addressed by
> schema:about.

... as per my example of "red, blue, green" -- SKOS documentation refers
to: "controlled structured vocabularies". Clearly these can be used for
more than just topics.

We seem to be going around in circles. Perhaps those who favor the
addition of SKOS-like features to schema could provide some examples so
that we could have a less theoretical discussion. I agree about "hunger"
but what is the context in which that would be used, and in what way
does that use require "skos-ness"?

kc