Re: On linking vocabularies (Was: SKOS for schema.org proposal for discussion)

Hopefully, Schema.org<http://Schema.org> won't carry-forward some of the SKOS constraints in its "equivalent" terminology (whatever that ends up being). For example, it is a SKOS S14 constraint violation to say that the LCSH concept of World War 2 (http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh85148273) is "the same as" the DBpedia concept (http://dbpedia.org/resource/World_War_II).

On those rare occasions where the distinction matters, SKOS should be used. Most cases, though, shouldn't need this fussiness.

Jeff

Sent from my iPad