Re: SKOS for schema.org proposal for discussion

Bernard, to provide a general answer to both of your questions
parenthetically prefaced "from a SEO point of view," I've yet to see any
evidence that any search engine has ever used any external URI provided in
schema.org markup in order to produce a rich snippet, change the ranking
order of web pages or return a resource in the SERPs based solely on such a
reference.

This doesn't mean that the search engines *aren't* ingesting and using
these data, only that there's no observed evidence that they're doing so.

(I don't know whether Martin Hepp or anyone else has observed a
demonstrable impact in the SERPs as a result of referencing
productontology.org URIs via additionalType - I'd certainly be interested
in hearing of such cases if they exist!)

But this lack of evidence is not unimportant from an SEO practitioner's
point of view, because as a result there's no incentive to employ such
mechanisms:  the demonstrated "added value" is zero.