Re: SKOS for schema.org proposal for discussion

From: Stéphane Corlosquet <scorlosquet@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 7 Oct 2013 15:20:39 -0400
To: Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>
Cc: Guha <guha@google.com>, "Evain, Jean-Pierre" <evain@ebu.ch>, Amanda Vizedom <amanda.vizedom@gmail.com>, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>, jean delahousse <delahousse.jean@gmail.com>, "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On Mon, Oct 7, 2013 at 3:01 PM, Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com> wrote:

> As someone who is brand new to SKOS (in the last 8 months or so).. I will
> give you my personal opinion, which is in agreement with Jean-Pierre...

Do you represent the audience that schema.org is after? From what I know
about you (mostly from this mailing list) I think you have more knowledge
and interest about KR than the average developer :) especially being a
freebase contributor. Is "SKOS" that popular among web developers who build
blog sites or e-commerce site? I don't think so. IMO, "SkosConcept" will
look too esoteric to be used by regular site builders/developers, unless
they really care to look for the definition of SKOS on wikipedia (something
most people won't do).

What do people think of what Martin suggested earlier: TerminologyConcept?
Or simply Topic? Topic is a bit more restrictive, but I think is more
appealing/intuitive for newbies than SkosConcept.

Steph.

--
Steph.