Re: SKOS for schema.org proposal for discussion

From: Stéphane Corlosquet <scorlosquet@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 3 Oct 2013 16:19:55 -0400
To: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Cc: Guha <guha@google.com>, Niklas Lindström <lindstream@gmail.com>, Jeremy Tarling <jeremy.tarling@bbc.co.uk>, Andreas Gebhard <Andreas.Gebhard@gettyimages.com>, jean delahousse <delahousse.jean@gmail.com>, "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On Thu, Oct 3, 2013 at 4:10 PM, Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org> wrote:

> My inclination is to add a basic skos:Concept type and
> broader/narrower links, but not necessarily to reflect all of SKOS
> into schema.org. For schema.org we should focus on getting a lot more
> instance data linked to these SKOS-describable vocabularies. For that
> it helps if we can explicitly say ( within schema.org's self-contained
> framework ) which schema.org properties can be used with SKOS-like
> controlled lists. Adding a Concept type addresses this need.

In the context of Drupal, Concept and broader/narrower would be sufficient
to cover the basic taxonomy scenario. schema:name and schema:description
already exist for the term label and description. And for mapping local
taxonomy terms URIs to say freebase URIs, I guess schema:sameAs could be
used?

Steph.