Schema.org terms converted formats

From: Marc Twagirumukiza <marc.twagirumukiza@agfa.com>
Date: Tue, 1 Oct 2013 10:47:27 +0200
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Hello there,
I am trying to understand why there is difference between the
automatically scraped formats from the Schema.org terms (RDF/XML,
RDF/Turtleetc) found at :  http://schema.rdfs.org/ and the official OWL
version of the terms is directly maintained at Schema.org.

Yet, the note said that the official OWL version of the terms is directly
maintained at Schema.org and independent from the above presented formats,
but most of our community are using the above formats and the differences
may causes some difficulties.

The main observed difference is in properties range when it is "literal"
in OWL format, it's converted in "xsd:string" in automatically scraped
formats, although it's stated that all those formats are automatically
scraped from the Schema.org terms on a daily basis. Can we have a reliable
tool to produce Schema.org terms as they are in the original official OWL
version? By the way is this OWL version (from http://schema.rdfs.org/ )
up-to-date?

Kind Regards,

Marc Twagirumukiza | Agfa HealthCare
Senior Clinical Researcher | HE/Advanced Clinical Applications Research
T  +32 3444 8188 | M  +32 499 713 300

http://www.agfahealthcare.com
http://blog.agfahealthcare.com
Click on link to read important disclaimer:
http://www.agfahealthcare.com/maildisclaimer