pre-announcement: Schema.org adopts accessibility properties

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>
Date: Fri, 22 Nov 2013 18:50:37 +0000
To: "a11y-metadata-project@googlegroups.com" <a11y-metadata-project@googlegroups.com>, W3C Web Schemas Task Force <public-vocabs@w3.org>, Chaals from Yandex <chaals@yandex-team.ru>, Gerardo Capiel <gerardoc@benetech.org>, Charles Myers <charlesm@benetech.org>, Matt Garrish <matt.garrish@bell.net>
Just a few words to report that the schema.org team agreed yesterday
to adopt the accessibility properties that have been so
enthusiastically discussed on these lists recently.

Chaals & I are working through the final implementation details to get
this onto the schema.org site, but I think it's safe to say it will be
substantially based on the RDFS configuration in
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webschema/log/default/schema.org/ext/accessibility.html
and use the 'Book' example from the Web Schemas wiki,
http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/Accessibility#Example_1_.28Book.29

This work draws upon the IMS Global Learning Consortium's Access For
All specification (http://www.imsglobal.org/accessibility/) and the
work of the Accessibility Metadata Project, and on the many
collaborations we've seen on these mailing lists. Many thanks to
everyone who has contributed!

Thanks again,