Re: Proposal to include ISNI

On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 6:35 PM, Peter F. Patel-Schneider <
pfpschneider@gmail.com> wrote:

> Well, looking around at isni.org a bit, I have to say that they are doing
> a rather poor job of providing stable unique identifiers for people, that
> is unless Ian Horrocks is really triplets, all with the same first name.

And he apparently sometimes spells his last name without the "c".
http://isni.oclc.nl/DB=1.2/CLK?IKT=8006&TRM=ian+horroks,

I agree that sameAs with links to stable URLs is the right way to go with
this, but the only URL I see on the page is for VIAF (which was mentioned
as an ISNI consumer, but actually appears to be a data provider).

Tom