Re: Proposal to include ISNI

I like this very much, thank you!

From: Paul Watson <lazarus@lazaruscorporation.co.uk<mailto:lazarus@lazaruscorporation.co.uk>>
Date: Wednesday, November 20, 2013 at 4:57 PM
To: Laura Dawson <Laura.Dawson@bowker.com<mailto:Laura.Dawson@bowker.com>>, Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org<mailto:martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>>
Cc: "public-vocabs@w3.org<mailto:public-vocabs@w3.org> TF" <public-vocabs@w3.org<mailto:public-vocabs@w3.org>>
Subject: Re: Proposal to include ISNI

+1 that we should highlight ISNI/ORCID in the Schema documentation.

Perhaps the Description of the sameAs property could be edited to read:

"URL of a reference Web page that unambiguously indicates the item's identity. E.g. the URL of the item's Wikipedia page, Freebase page, ISNI/ORCID URI, or official website."

(Disclaimer for transparency: I work for an academic publishing company that is one of the Sponsors of ORCID)