Re: [proposal] Property: organizer (for Event) || Property: host ?

On 11/18/2013 04:55 PM, Thad Guidry wrote:
> Sponsor is also a useful property as well for some events, by the way.
>   And sometimes the Sponsor and Organizer are one in the same.
>
> In Freebase, we added several "x Sponser" properties in the Conferences,
> Film Festivals, Exhibitions, etc domains.
>
> But in general, a Sponsorship mediator is best... to account for reuse.
>   It would hold the "Sponsored Recipient" and the "Sponsored By"  ...
> something like this:
>
> https://www.freebase.com/business/sponsorship?schema=
I have mixed feelings about 'sponsor', with attendee, performer and
eventual organizer I will stick in app i work to listing People who
actually show up during the event, who really participated in it.

To link to organizations represented by participants, I consider using
in context of given event:
@prefix schema: <http://schema.org/>

<https://crisiscamp.net/graz/2013-11-16>
   a schema:Event
   schema:attendee <https://wwelves.org/perpetual-tripper>

<https://wwelves.org/perpetual-tripper>
   a schema:Person
   schema:affiliation <https://hackers4peace.net>

For attributing organizations who supported making the event happen,
offered venue, food, equipment etc. I thought about using some sort of
generic *attribution* property but i don't really know how to link it
with particular products contributed... Will start new thread about
wishlists for that!

BTW I find Property: seeks super useful also for Event, while so far
only used in Organization and Person!