Re: schema.org contentLocation question

On 15 May 2013 11:11, "Jeff Mixter" <jeffmixter@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am working on a data model that I can use to map some existing data
into schema.org.  I am having a bit of trouble figuring out if I am using
schema:contentLocation properly.  While at first it seemed straight
forward, I found a bit of a problem in the range of the object property

> The set range for contentLocation is a Place.  When choosing a place, I
wanted to be very specific and use LocalBusiness (which is listed as a
sub-class of Place). The reason for this is that I would like to add the
fact that this place is also connected to an organization that has a name,
email address etc.  It is also important to add that this organization is
not a creator, contributor, publisher etc. but rather simply a retainer of
the thing being described.  When you link to the LocalBusiness description
however, it is listed as being a sub-class of Organization (which seems to
contradict the set range of contentLocation).

> I know that domains and ranges are suggestions in schema's data model
(i.e. not strictly set) but I wanted to make sure that the resulting triple
makes sense.  I also wanted to see if anyone had any suggestions on how to
better describe the relationship.

Quick reply by phone: I believe LocalBusiness has two supertypes,
Organization and Place. So I think this may be fine for your scenario.
Possibly we don't display multiple supertypes very well in the
schema.orgsite navigation.

Dan