Re: Offer data in separate places in HTML

On May 14, 2013, at 9:22 AM, Lin Clark <lin.w.clark@gmail.com> wrote:

Nope, I thought that it had been introduced, but it looks like RDFa does
not have this feature according to Manu's blog,
http://manu.sporny.org/category/semantic-web/.

I think there's a misunderstanding. While RDFa doesn't have this feature,
HTML+RDFa does have property copying feature [1], which is a rule-based
mechanism that achieves essentially the same thing as @itemref.

This will eventually make it into RDFa core.

Gregg

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-in-html/#property-copying

I agree with Martin, itemref is a strong feature in microdata. It's one of
the things that makes it possible to output microdata more reliably than
RDFa when using Drupal, and the lack of the feature in RDFa will probably
hinder Drupal's use of RDFa in Drupal 8.

-Lin

--
Lin Clark
Drupal Consultant