Re: Offer data in separate places in HTML

To my knowledge, unfortunately not. You can, in theory, collate statements scattered across an HTML document by using the about property with the same identifier in the enclosing (outer) RDFa entity, but

1. that is kind of clumsy
2. search engines will often not understand that the information belongs to the same entity, since they typically parse RDFa markup as a tree and not as a graph (i.e. nesting matters).

In my opinion, itemref is a really strong feature of Microdata.

Martin

On May 14, 2013, at 4:53 PM, Robert Kost wrote:

> Is there an equivalent method for doing itemref in RDFa?
>
> thanks
>
> Rob
>

> On Apr 4, 2013, at 9:32 AM, darren higgins <darrhiggs@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi Emile,
>>
>> As per Cosmin's example, use the itemref attribute to refer to the id of the offers.
>>
>> I have found this article[1] useful in the past.
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Darren
>>
>> [1] http://dev.opera.com/articles/view/microdata-and-the-microdata-dom-api/
>>

>> On 3 April 2013 22:29, <lapaz@gmx.net> wrote:
>> I have a product with an offer but the price and the stock information are in different places in the HTML. How can I handle this?
>>
>> 	• <div itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Product">
>> 	•   <span itemprop="name">Kenmore White 17" Microwave</span>
>> 	•   <div itemprop="offers" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Offer">
>> 	•     <span itemprop="price">$55.00</span>
>> 	• >>> I don' want the availability here
>> 	•   </div>
>> 	•   Product description:
>>   Has six preset cooking categories and convenience features like
>>   Add-A-Minute and Child Lock.</span>
>> 	•   <div itemprop="offers" itemscope itemtype="http://schema.org/Offer">
>> 	•     <link itemprop="availability" href="http://schema.org/InStock" />In stock
>> 	• >>> The availablity is here. Is it correct to split the offer-data?
>> 	•   </div>
>>
>> Emile

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group