Re: Singularity: why has "children" not been renamed to "child"?

On 9 May 2013 00:41, Holger Knublauch <holger@topquadrant.com> wrote:
> On 5/9/2013 9:36, Dan Brickley wrote:
>>
>> I agree with adding a machine-readable pointer from the old to new form
>> too; we have to figure out some implementation details but it'll happen.
>

> Great - this is appreciated. Once you are at this, please also check whether
> it's possible to add information on inverse properties and max-cardinality
> to the property metadata (this is related to the parallel thread on the OWL
> version).

It's possible, just a case of priorities and implementation details.
One of the trickier aspects of describing property semantics with OWL
is that we keep adding new terms into the evolving vocabulary. I am
wary of making strong claims in machine form today which would be
countered if, for example, we added a second or third type for some
property which currently only has one or two expected (ranges, or
domains) types listed. But there are certainly more things we can
usefully express in machine form and we should do so; certainly
workflow, status, etc aspects, deprecation etc.

Some of this information is now starting to be collected in the source
RDFa+RDFS files we're building the site from, i.e.
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webschema/file/default/schema.org/ext

For example, in
https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webschema/file/default/schema.org/ext/dataset.html
we have

information describing some topic(s) of interest.</span>
href="http://schema.org/CreativeWork">CreativeWork</a></span>
resource="dcat:Dataset"
href="http://www.w3.org/TR/vocab-dcat/#class--dataset">dcat:Dataset</a></span>
resource="adms:SemanticAsset"
href="http://www.w3.org/ns/adms#SemanticAsset">adms:SemanticAsset</a></span>
href="http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/SchemaDotOrgSources#source_DatasetClass">Dataset</a></span>

This information does not currently end up visible in schema.org, but
it's a useful step even to collect such information; similarly there
are various other mapping files around which could be aggregated
alongside these.

(And if you've anything like a draft of missing cardinality
information, that could be useful...)

cheers,

Dan