Re: Proposal: VisualArtwork

Addendum:

I personally see the long-term relationship between www.productontology.org and schema.org as follows:

1. www.productontology.org serves as incubator for missing yet popular types: if a certain www.productontology.org type is used extensively in schema.org markup, it will make sense to add it to schema.org directly.
A hot candidate is

    http://www.productontology.org/id/Video_game

It is in fact requested so frequently that we have a special caching mechanism in place to cater for the many requests per second.

2. www.productontology.org will also serve as a uniform URI schema for types on the long-tail, so that site-owners can send very specific type information to any kind of RDFa- or Microdata-aware application, even if that type is below the threshold for standardization.

Martin

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen