Re: Schema.org models

Hello Talley,

I'll try to contribute, although I am not sure I understood 100% your aim.

Schema.org is a joint effort to define a vocabulary for a wide range of
models. You can use the Schema.org vocabulary with any format that suits
your need in order to exchange or query data.

For example, we store our own entities in a triples datastore using the
schema.org vocabulary. We can query the same datastore using SPARQL and
export data using a variety of formats, such as RDF, n-turtles, JSON-LD and
so forth.

We also use a *refactorer* in order to convert existing Linked Open Data
Cloud (such as DBpedia entities) to the schema.org vocabulary. This could
be used as well for any domain specific vocabularies.

Being schema.org an initiative sponsored by the major search engines, the
schema.org web site also suggests using the *microdata* mark-up language
for users to define and publish their entities on Web pages. Search engines
are supposed to identify and understand most of these entities providing
better search results.

Are you looking to adopt schema.org to exchange data between application
modules and/or systems, or also to publish these data on the Web?

Cheers,
David

--
David Riccitelli