Re: ifRelatedTo

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Fri, 8 Mar 2013 13:20:28 +0000
To: Dianne van Dulken <dogmac@gmail.com>
Cc: "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
On 8 March 2013 04:58, Dianne van Dulken <dogmac@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
> I'm wondering if anyone has an example of Product.isRelatedTo in action.
> I've hunted, and found a couple of people asking, but no working examples.
> For example,
> I have
> Item A
> Description
> See related products
> Item B
> Item C
> Item D
> My markup at the moment is something like
>  <h2 itemprop="name">Item A</h2>
> See related products
> I am not sure if the correct markup is set for Item B, Item C or Item D, or
> if they are all wrong.
> I've read through a few posts on the forum, and they do seem to be rather
> higher thinking than this question, but schema.org does point here as the
> place to ask, and I'm sure I'm not the only one wishing there was an example
> of this.

It's a reasonable place to ask, though we have also been discussing
(around W3C and the schema.org team) whether a more schema.org-centric
forum for practitioners would also make sense. It's important that
discussions around W3C on such technology stay grounded in the
practicalities of Web publishing...

Anyway ... a few examples from the wild (and therefore maybe messy in
various ways)

To check the specifics of your microdata (or rdfa lite) syntax,
http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets is probably your
best bet right now.

Hope this helps,