Re: ifRelatedTo

On 8 March 2013 04:58, Dianne van Dulken <dogmac@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi there,
>
> I'm wondering if anyone has an example of Product.isRelatedTo in action.
> I've hunted, and found a couple of people asking, but no working examples.
>
> For example,
>
> I have
>
> Item A
> Description
>
> See related products
> Item B
> Item C
> Item D
>
> My markup at the moment is something like

>  <h2 itemprop="name">Item A</h2>
>
> See related products

> I am not sure if the correct markup is set for Item B, Item C or Item D, or
> if they are all wrong.
>
> I've read through a few posts on the forum, and they do seem to be rather
> higher thinking than this question, but schema.org does point here as the
> place to ask, and I'm sure I'm not the only one wishing there was an example
> of this.

It's a reasonable place to ask, though we have also been discussing
(around W3C and the schema.org team) whether a more schema.org-centric
forum for practitioners would also make sense. It's important that
discussions around W3C on such technology stay grounded in the
practicalities of Web publishing...

Anyway ... a few examples from the wild (and therefore maybe messy in
various ways)

http://www.dixons.nl/computer/printen-scannen/all-in-one/15365216/nikon-d5100-black-double-zoom-kit.html
http://www.artofpewter.com/productpage.asp?pid=949&lingua=it
http://www.joshuajamesjewellery.co.uk/products/details/824.html
http://botiga.jardinitis.com/productos/madera/ecotraviesas-ecologicas/ecotraviesa-pino-cuperizado-250x22x12
http://www.foldedsquare.com/store/products/green-341-origami-paper/
http://www.ebuywines.com/veuve-cliquot-rose-fridge.html
http://www.mesmateriaux.com/achat-materiaux/embout-talon-zinc-droite-et-gauche-o333mm-sortie-o100mm_2505.html
http://www.enfsolar.com/pv/inverter-datasheet/185?lang=ko

To check the specifics of your microdata (or rdfa lite) syntax,
http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets is probably your
best bet right now.

Hope this helps,

Dan