From: Thad Guidry [mailto:thadguidry@gmail.com]
Sent: Thursday, June 13, 2013 6:45 AM
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Subject: Re: Proposal: VisualArtwork

Thanigai,

Can you describe your ColorSwatch type in a paragraph for us ?

Thanks,

On Thu, Jun 13, 2013 at 1:59 AM, Paul Watson <lazarus@lazaruscorporation.co..uk<mailto:lazarus@lazaruscorporation.co.uk>> wrote:

Rather than being specific to VisualArtwork I'd suggest you amend your proposal so that ColorPalette be a property of Thing to give the opportunity for people to describe the colours of things beyond visual artwork.

I can't see the ColorPalette property being used by museums, galleries, or artists, because the colours in any painting or piece of artwork vary depending on how light is falling on a picture/object, and the colour temperature of the ambient light - they're not inherent values of a piece of artwork (apart from in digital artwork). That said, I can see that there could be a use for this outside the realms of fine art.

Paul