AW: Schema.org/CreativeWork: why "about" and "mentions" are Thing, but "keywords" isn't?

Hi Stephane, Chilly and all

The IPTC is working in the area of news (news agencies, newspapers,
broadcaster, online news), we have crated rNews (www.rnews.org
<http://www.rnews.org> ) and we are trying to replace the old Keyword by
about and mentions. The major reason is: keyword does not establish a clear
and unambiguous relationship between the subject and the object in the RDF
triple, while about and mentions do this. In many cases the Keyword is a
kind of grab bag for all things with an unclear relationship to the subject
– and that’s not of help for adding useful metadata. We are in favour of
keeping the Keyword as a string.

Michael

Michael Steidl

Managing Director of the IPTC [mdirector@iptc.org]

Web:  <http://www.iptc.org/> www.iptc.org - on Twitter
<http://www.twitter.com/IPTC> @IPTC

Business office address:

25 Southampton Buildings, London WC2A 1AL, United Kingdom

Registered in England, company no 101096