Re: Ease of adoption

From: Wes Turner <wes.turner@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Jul 2013 20:41:34 -0500
To: Laura Dawson <Laura.Dawson@bowker.com>
Cc: Dave Pawson <dave.pawson@gmail.com>, public-vocabs@w3.org, Dan Brickley <danbri@google.com>, Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
On Jul 29, 2013 7:42 PM, "Dawson, Laura" <Laura.Dawson@bowker.com> wrote:

> ActuallyŠand I'm so glad you brought this up!ŠI am thinking of ways to
> link concepts *within* books - that Dublin Core and BISAC codes don't
> capture. If I am reading "Mists of Avalon", what Arthurian legend
> information might be helpful? What understanding of Druids might be
> helpful? What other books might have expositions on the roles of women in
> the so-called "Dark Ages"?

Sounds like some sort of a "memex" machine.

* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamebook
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamification
* https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Augmented_learning

A sphinxcontrib app with a role for in-text URI citations would be cool.
sphinxcontrib-rdflib, someday.

The provenance data that might be accumulated in assembling such an
elaborate creation could be contributed back upstream to help with
asserting truth values and beliefs.