Re: Opening hours for ContactPoint

From: Jens Rantil <jens.rantil@gmail.com>
Date: Fri, 26 Jul 2013 15:02:49 +0200
To: Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Cc: Dan Scott <dan@coffeecode.net>, "public-vocabs@w3.org Org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
Dan, Wes and Martin,

Thank you all for taking your time to respond to me.

Dan: I did have the opportunity to use RDFa instead of microdata. I have
now converted my usecase to use a prefix based on [1] (but not published on
the web yet). That said, I'm a bit unsure what my prefix URL should be.
Will I need to publish a file like [2]? Is there a
tutorial/guide/primer/standard that describes how to do this? If you could
point me in the right direction I'd be grateful.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/rdfa-lite/#bib-RDFA-PRIMER
[2] http://open.vocab.org/terms.ttl

Martin wrote:

> However, I slightly prefer a pattern with a new property
"availabilityTimes" that links a set of suitable types (e.g. ContactPoint)
to an OpeningHoursSpecification.

I agree. Using "availabilityTimes" instead of "openingHours" sounds
reasonable. I have no updated my annotations.

> By the way, that one is waiting for integration into schema.org. I has
been on my desk for quite a while and I will tackle the task of drafting a
derived proposal as soon as my resources permit.

Just making sure -- were you referring to proposing introducing "
availabilityTimes"?

Cheers,
Jens