Re: Schema.org extension proposal for job market

The proposal looks good to me, but I do have one question/comment.

You mention that Industry is too restrictive :

industry: (Amend the original description to include also private
employment etc. Labelling this property industry is too restrictive. A
possible option to broaden its range is to use a label like category.)

Can you give an example of why it is too restrictive ?

My thoughts are that you probably really also want a Sector, and would have
2 properties under the Job Posting itself (since an Employer can be in
multiple industries and sectors) ?

1. Industry (something that would relate the Job Posting to what Industry
the Job will be mostly concerned with.  These Text fields usually would map
to a NAICS code, etc )
2. Sector (something that would define an Employer's business sector, for
instance, Animal Rights, or Oilfield, etc. In Freebase, we have this
defined as "This is a sector, or area of focus, of organizations (of any
kind)."  under /organization/organization_sector
https://www.freebase.com/organization/organization_sector?schema=&lang=en