Re: Schema.org extension proposal for job market

Hi all,

I'd like to revive this email thread since the Schema.org extension for job
market [1] presented in it is now more mature. Several modelling choices
were refined and few bugs were fixed. Two new properties were introduced to
the extension. :availableVacancies features the number of persons sought
for in job posting. :employer was created as a super-property of
:hiringOrganization to allow both :Organizations and :Persons to be listed
as subjects offering jobs. The changes are reflected in the proposal's wiki
page [1]. More detailed information is available in the extension's GitHub
repository [2], which now provides comprehensive documentation in English
and Czech [3], [4].

What's also relevant is that we're now aware of the first external use of
the proposed extension. Job-IT [5], a small Czech site for job postings in
IT now contains extended Schema.org markup.

We are now seeking feedback on this updated version, so if you're
interested in the modelling the domain of job market, we'll appreciate your
comments on the proposal.

Finally, I want to ask a question that is relevant to all extension
proposals. When you create new vocabulary terms in your extension proposal,
should you use the http://schema.org/ namespace or should you mint their
URIs in your own namespace (which might be mapped to Schema.org's URI if
the proposal gets accepted)?

Best,

Jindrich

[1] http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/JobMarket