Re: Opening hours for ContactPoint

From: Wes Turner <wes.turner@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 09:33:19 -0500
Cc: public-vocabs@w3.org
> I believe the suggested routes for an extension would be to
> either or both:
>
> a) Define the openingHours property in your own vocabulary and then mix
> it in using RDFa Lite.

While quick, I'm not sure which schema.org/RDFa services would support such
a custom property.

> b) Put together a proposal to add it to schema.org proper so that you
> eventually don't have to maintain your own vocabulary.
>
> I suspect doing (a) strengthens (b), particularly if it's a common case.
>
> (Aside: I'm relatively new to the extensions idea myself. I recently
> stumbled over the deprecation of "/" after spending a day or so
> implementing a proof-of-concept with it, and so am motivated to try and
> help get http://schema.org/docs/extension.html updated to a consensus
> position on best practices for extending schema.org)

These may also be useful references:

* http://www.w3.org/wiki/SchemaDotOrgProcess
* http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/SchemaDotOrgProposals
* https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webschema/file/default/schema.org/drafts/alpha