Opening hours for ContactPoint

From: Jens Rantil <jens.rantil@gmail.com>
Date: Thu, 18 Jul 2013 15:16:15 +0200
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
Hi,

I recently added schema.org to pages such as
http://www.telavox.se/kontakt/kontakta-oss/ (lang: Swedish). While doing
this I stumbled across a use case that I couldn't express in
http://schema.org markup. Namely, I wanted to mark up opening hours for our
customer support.

The problem is that our customer support is only reachable through phone.
http://schema.org/OpeningHoursSpecification can only be expressed for
http://schema.org/LocalBusiness and http://schema.org/Place while our
customer support is neither of those; we are a national company, thus not
local, and our customer support does not have a geographical location (that
we are willing to publish). Currently, I marked our customer support as
http://schema.org/ContactPoint and freestyled by adding the "openingHours"
property within that scope. Two questions:

First, is this something that would be of interest to add as a property
("openingHours") to http://schema.org/ContactPoint? I believe it could be a
very common use case.

Secondly, did I make the right choice to simply define "openingHours" to
http://schema.org/ContactPoint? My page currently does not validate
correctly. I have read http://schema.org/docs/extension.html and to me
defining http://schema.org/ContactPoint/Service does not feel semantically
correct. I am fairly new to schema.org. How would you do it?

I'd love to hear your ideas - thanks,
Jens

--
Want to know how full my inbox is? Or how to get in touch with me faster?
Or tell me your e-mail is not that important? Then check this out: