Re: Proposal for new Schema.org extension: Charts

Thanks for the quick reply, Aaron...

The charts have image representations but, as you astutely note, also
alternate representations in SVG and the datasets themselves. I've looked
at ImageObject, Dataset and the aformentioned CreativeWork as possible
starting points. I am (obviously) open to suggestions and definitely don't
want to create something new if an existing one exists.

I have been thinking that some cool new properties could be things like
descriptions of the X-axis and Y-axis...not just the legend/titles but
things like Units. As an example, let's say we produce a chart representing
market forecast for tablets...when doing a search, it would be nice for
results to tell users whether the chart (Y-axis) shows market share by
tablet  units or total dollars...Or if the X-axis units is time in years,
then it would be good for the result to show me the range (eg. 2010 to 2017)

Other properties could be chart type (bar vs. line vs. radar, etc.), the
original research report the chart is from, the location of the dataset
(eg. URL of a .csv file)

We plan to publish our initial proposal somewhere on
http://kitchen.gigaom.com

thanks again, raza

--
Raza Zaidi