Re: Should we adopt SKOS?

From: Dan Brickley <danbri@danbri.org>
Date: Thu, 17 Jan 2013 16:49:32 +0000
To: jean delahousse <delahousse.jean@gmail.com>
Cc: "Young,Jeff (OR)" <jyoung@oclc.org>, "Wallis,Richard" <Richard.Wallis@oclc.org>, "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>, Jamie Taylor <jamietaylor@google.com>
Hi!

On 10 January 2013 11:13, jean delahousse <delahousse.jean@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I have worked on a integration of SKOS into Schema.org.
>
> The idea is to be able to publish pages about concepts described in a
> controled vocabulary and to describe the controlled vocabulary itself.
> Use case can be the publication of a library controlled vocabulary as Rameau
> from the French National Library (http://data.bnf.fr/13318366/musique/) or
> authorities by Library of Congress
> (http://id.loc.gov/authorities/subjects/sh2003003686.html) , or a glossary
> in a web site.
>
> I attached the draft. I would be happy to go on with this project with some
> of you.

Thanks for making a concrete proposal - this is really positive! Your
reward is that I ask something more from you ;)

Would you have time to make an HTML+RDFa+RDFS version of this proposal?

There are some examples in our WebSchemas area of W3C Mercurial repo, here:

https://dvcs.w3.org/hg/webschema/file/default/schema.org/ext

I hope they are almost self-explanatory. We can get you access or just
send along HTML by mail/wiki. If you don't have time I 100%
understand, but I'm trying to build a workflow here that doesn't
suffer from my being a bottleneck, so hopefully this machine-readable
proposals mechanism will help...

cheers,