Re: Proposal for new Schema.org mark-up: Vacation Rentals

From: Martin Hepp <martin.hepp@ebusiness-unibw.org>
Date: Wed, 9 Jan 2013 20:28:04 +0100
Cc: <public-vocabs@w3.org>
To: Robert Schroeder <bobsc@charter.net>
On Jan 9, 2013, at 12:02 AM, Robert Schroeder wrote:

> Martin,
>
> Per your example:
> Is http://schema.org/Product required to be nested within http://schema.org/Offer ?

No, it could also be linked via itemref (in Microdata syntax). However, since some clients process microdata as a tree, they may do not find items linked via itemref or via itemid. This is why my example nests them.

From the top of my head, I would say that itemref in microdata is safe for linking instead of nesting, while itemid in microdata and about in RDFa may not be understood by all clients.

> Are there more markup examples anywhere? Snippet Generators?
> I hope someday soon schema.org will provide some GoodRelations markup examples.

I am working on all of that ;-)
It is just a lot of work and not the only one of my duties ;-)

Martin

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group
universitaet der bundeswehr muenchen