Does google ignore hidden schema.org?

From: Maury Markowitz <maury.markowitz@gmail.com>
Date: Tue, 26 Feb 2013 12:16:42 -0500
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
The ecommerce platform I'm using makes the addition of schema information to the body of the page somewhat difficult. It would have to be patched in in about a dozen places, and thus resistant to change.

It would be much simpler to make a new block (module) and simply include that on the page. However, blocks are normally visible, so it would look funny.

So what happens if I put schema information in a hidden div? Google normally ignores all hidden content, is that the case with schema too?