From: Ghislain Atemezing [auguste.atemezing@eurecom.fr]
Sent: Thursday, February 21, 2013 10:25 AM
To: Tarasova, Tatiana
Cc: Pierre Andrews; eGov W3C; public-vocabs@w3.org
Subject: Re: vocabularies for parliamentary proceedings

Hi,
Just my 2cents here...
> I would like to clarify better what kind of data I aim to describe in
> RDF. I have proceedings documents which are essentially written notes
> from the parliamentary meetings. In a nutshell, they are documented
> speeches of members of the parliament. Since all parliamentary meetings
> have quite strict structure, the proceedings documents implicitly
> reflect this structure. For example, each meeting has topics (discussed
> in the meeting); speeches are held at the meeting; the name of the
> speaker (member of the parliament) is recorded together with her
> affiliation; the verbal content of the speeches are held within small
> paragraphs. There are other structural elements like scenes and stage
> directions. All these structural elements were already extracted from
> the proceedings by the PoliticalMashup project [2]. So, what we want to
> do now is really "the next step": explicitly define semantics of these
> elements and publish the Dutch proceedings as Linked Data.

What happen if you model meetings as "Events" with the "what", "when",
"who" views...Let say:
   -for meetings/event, you could reuse lode onto [linkedevents.org/]
for defining different type of meetings
   -for the "what" view reusing the bibo onto has mentioned
   -for the "when" view with the time onto and any appropriate
   -The "who" view will be attached to the agent, role and organization
   -for the scenes, directions, you could reuse the buildings and room
onto [http://vocab.deri.ie/rooms]

WDYT?

   Other pointer of interest:
   * The project Documents onto [http://vocab.deri.ie/pdo] at DERI.