Re: Schema.org extension proposal for job market

Hi,

the information structures that we included in the proposal are based on
analysis of corpora of existing job postings and job classifieds (job
seeker profiles). We looked at a sample of 50 items (postings/classifieds)
manually and analysed 13 000 items scraped from Craigslist automatically
(n-grams, word co-occurrence etc.). Based on the samples we distilled the
most frequently occurring information and got rid of the types of
information that we thought were either difficult to enter (e.g., ask users
to maintain the conceptual distinction between "competence" and "skill") or
not very useful for our primary use case of the data: search and
match-making.

Some of the sources we've sampled data from:
- http://www.adverts.ie
- http://www.seek.com.au
- http://chennai.timesjobs.com
- http://purplecolony.com
- http://www.usnetads.com
- http://www.servicejobsite.com

We plan to use the extended Schema.org vocabulary for a web application for
job seekers, the first release of which is planned for the end of this
year. The application will constitute a use case, which will hopefully
demonstrate the benefits of the additional structures proposed in the
extension.

Best,

Jindrich

--