Re: FictionalThing proposal added to Web Schemas wiki

On 19/02/2013 15:22, "Michael Hopwood" <michael@editeur.org> wrote:

> Thanks Mo!
>
> That's exactly the central edge case (oops): "what about real people appearing
> 'as themselves' in a fictional work? The person themselves is as real as you
> or I, but the events in which they participate are fictional"

I would probably suggest that the real person "playing themselves" in a
movie would be described as a Person not a Character.

> Or - what about where the events & people are all real, but there are several
> versions of each? In the end you come back to the central problem, "who says?"
> or "where does it say"?

That is an issue of provenance, reputation and trust of the description and
its author - not the vocabulary used to represent it.

~Richard.