Re: FictionalThing proposal added to Web Schemas wiki

Richard:

Thanks - as always, I think the guiding line should be

- the amount of data that we can publish based on this conceptual distinction
and
- how valuable / useful / significant the distinction is (the "discriminatory value").

I buy in that there are many use cases in the context of creative works that may benefit from this additional type, in particular given that schema.org is a Web vocabulary and not a classic ontology (see also my arguments in [1]).

I just wanted to stress that from a conceptual modeling perspective, fictional thing is a problematic type.

Martin

[1] http://vimeo.com/51152934