Re: What schema to use for a classified ads site item?

Hi,

currently, the best approach is to use GoodRelations (http://purl.org/goodrelations/) in the pattern described at

    http://wiki.goodrelations-vocabulary.org/Cookbook/Classifieds

An example in Google's testing tool is here:

    http://www.google.com/webmasters/tools/richsnippets?url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.heppnetz.de%2Frdfa4google%2Ftc16.html&view=

If you have structured data for a few selected attributes (phone number, price, ...) you can gradually add more granular GoodRelations elements.

Martin
On Feb 5, 2013, at 12:37 PM, Blue Presley wrote:

> I have a classified ads site at www.gastonia.com.  We are redoing the
> site to be HTML5 compliant as well as incorporate microdata from
> schema.org to represent the items for sale on the site.
>
> Given that these items are used and that they are posted by different
> people, is the Product vocabulary the correct type to use for them?
> www.schema.org/Product.
>
> The reason I am confused is that the Product items can have a
> 'condition' data time (newcondition, usedcondition, etc) as defined by
> the schema.
>
> Also, you'll note here that under the usage guidelines the fact that
> this product must be available for sale directly from the page without
> having to contact the seller. But, the seller can be an individual
> (discussed later on.)  If a seller is an individual, and the item is
> used, 9 times out of ten this product is going to be found on a
> classifieds type website. Otherwise, it would seem that the Product
> schema was built specifically for ebay, and maybe amazon's used
> product area.
>
> So, is it ok to use the Product type here? If not, what is the best
> vocabulary for a used item on a classified ads website?
>
> Thank you,
>
> Blue Presley

martin hepp
e-business & web science research group