Re: Some info on pagination practices

From: Dave Caroline <dave.thearchivist@gmail.com>
Date: Mon, 16 Dec 2013 20:04:50 +0000
To: Thad Guidry <thadguidry@gmail.com>
Cc: Karen Coyle <kcoyle@kcoyle.net>, "public-vocabs@w3.org" <public-vocabs@w3.org>
I dont think there can be one rule or definition for pagination in all
books, one has to look at the book when cataloguing it and be
sensible.

The actual numbers from my quoted examples

http://www.worldcat.org/isbn/0471634573
Last page is is number 16 this book has 11 sections plus a four page
introduction a total of 277 pages.

http://www.worldcat.org/isbn/0534917852
It has a last page number of 608, but its fat book and on further
investigation it has a last page in the middle too of 607, so 1215
(this book was published as two volumes but later bound as one)

Dave Caroline