RE: Yandex Testing Tool supports JSON-LD

Hi Alex,

On Monday, December 02, 2013 2:47 PM, Alexander Shubin wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm happy to say that Yandex has added JSON-LD support to its markup
> validator. You're welcome to check it here:
> http://webmaster.yandex.com/microtest.xml

This is great news! Thanks for sharing. Just a quick question (below)

> Our main goal is to provide webmasters with simple and fast tool for
> checking markup on the webpages. We've already supported all the popular
> syntaxes such as microdata, rdfa-lite and microformats. JSON-LD becomes
> more and more popular and is used in different products (e.g.,
> Yandex.Islands, GMail Actions, etc). Together with all schema.org partners
> we understand our responsibility to help webmasters with learning new
> language.
>
> Since our first goal is simplicity we're not so strict in "context"
> requirements (unlike great instrument here: http://json-
> ld.org/playground/index.html). And we're still looking for better approach
> for expanding terms: right now we don't expand them explicitly in the
> output.

What exactly do you mean by this?

I played a bit with the validator but wasn't able to trigger a validation
error unless I created invalid *JSON* (a missing comma for example). It
would be great if you could tweak the output a bit so that it becomes clear
what kind of data you were able to extract. Perhaps by linking the tokens
directly to their documentation on schema.org or at least showing the URLs
as tooltips (such as in my Hydra Console, http://bit.ly/1cO6pmI click on
"Load")!?

Cheers,
Markus