Re: Collections [use case - Property: event]

On 11/29/2013 01:09 PM, ☮ elf Pavlik ☮ wrote:
> In my use case, I use *Action* subtypes to describe process of
> self-organizing events. I consider using *AddAction* type to represent
> creation of new event. Its parent type - *UpdateAction* - defines
> *collection* property as: "A sub property of object. The collection
> target of the action." When using *Organization* type, I can use *event*
> property to link to associated events. Still I don't see way to refer to
> them as *collection* in *AddAction*!

I find common practice of organizations to list their events in one
dedicated document, for example: http://eswc-conferences.org/events

Also RESTful APIs expose collections under certain URIs.

I guess that many people would find it intuitive to have available
*Collection* type which could maybe then introduce Property:type to
specify what it holds. As far as I understand one can always repeat any
properties for 1-n/n-n relations (eg. Property: spouse ;) which means
all properties would need to also allow *Collection* as value?

It would also fit very well in how some popular frameworks work, for
example: http://backbonejs.org/#Collection
and: http://backbonejs.org/#Collection-model (similar to Property:type I
think of)

Could someone maybe suggest (existing example?) how one can markup page
with list of events like mentioned before:
http://eswc-conferences.org/events ?

Can I just do:

@prefix schema: <http://schema.org/> .

<http://eswc-conferences.org>
   a  schema:Organization;
   schema:event <http://eswc-conferences.org/events>.

It seams to me that in such case i couldn't state:

<http://eswc-conferences.org/events>
   a schema:Thing .

since it describes list of events not just one?

Thanks for any clarifications :)