Re: word clouds in schema.org

From: Charles McCathie Nevile <chaals@yandex-team.ru>
Date: Sun, 01 Dec 2013 09:51:22 +0100
To: "W3C Web Schemas Task Force" <public-vocabs@w3.org>, "Paola Di Maio" <paola.dimaio@gmail.com>, paoladimaio10@googlemail.com
On Fri, 29 Nov 2013 17:35:36 +0100, Paola Di Maio <paola.dimaio@gmail.com>
wrote:

> just a note for future review: when convenient,
>
> kindly point out what mechanism exists if any
>
>  to map semantic proximity of different terms in schema.org vocabulary
> (is there a way to say that a word has some shared meaning
> with other words, although they are not exact synonyms
>
> example is emergency /crisis/ disaster maagemet
> are different flavours of similar type of occurrences so some
> properties/associated processes may be shared but not all

We have partial range/domain stuff (rangeIncludes…), which can do a bit of
that but not all of it.

I think this is really difficult actually. It's the motivation for
versioning, but as the recent thread on changing namespaces for RDF basics
shows, versioning is actually really hard to do in practice :(

cheers

Chaals