Help needed: EPUB 3.01 revision referencing a11y metadata spec

From: George Kerscher <kerscher@montana.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Aug 2013 11:14:59 -0600
To: <public-vocabs@w3.org>
Cc: "Gerardo Capiel" <gerardoc@benetech.org>, "Matt Garrish" <matt.garrish@bell.net>
Dear schema.org folks,

We need some help here. The proposal at:
http://www.w3.org/wiki/WebSchemas/Accessibility

Is under consideration by  the International Digital Publishing Forum
(IDPF)'s working group for inclusion in the EPUB 3.01 revision that is
quickly working towards ISO approval as a Technical Specification.

It would be terrific if this could reach a status in the next few weeks to
make it into this spec. EPUB 3 references HTML5 and other specifications
that are not full W3C recommendations, but a status of accepted public draft
or better is necessary for inclusion in the spec.

If somehow we could get the accessibility metadata spec to this state, I
would appreciate it.

>From my POV, having this type of metadata in the package file for each EPUB
3 publication  would go a long, long way in promoting digital publications
that are accessible to persons with disabilities.

I have copied Gerardo and Matt with this request, who are in a better
position to answer technical questions.

Best
George

George Kerscher Ph.D.
-In our Information Age, access to information is a fundamental human right.
Secretary General, DAISY Consortium
http://www.daisy.org
Senior Officer, Accessible Technology Learning Ally originally Recording For
the Blind & Dyslexic
http://www.learningally.org
President, International Digital Publishing Forum (IDPF)
http://www.idpf.org
Member of the National Museum and Library Services  Board (IMLS)
http://www.imls.gov
Chair Steering Council Web Accessibility Initiative (WAI), a division of the
W3C
http://www.w3c.org/wai
Phone: +1 406/549-4687
Cell:+1 406/544-2466