schemas for representing buying guides

From: David Marin <dm@davidmarin.org>
Date: Fri, 12 Apr 2013 19:36:34 -0700
To: public-vocabs@w3.org
I have a project to aggregate various buying guides into a sort of universal buying guide (for one example, see: http://www.hrc.org/apps/buyersguide/).

You can see a description of my project (and a very small amount of code) at:

    https://github.com/davidmarin/pbg

I'd like to use a standard schema for representing businesses, products, locations, etc. rather than completely rolling my own.

I have a bunch of questions:

1. Is extending CreativeWork my best bet for representing a buying guide, or is there something more apropos?

2. Some buying guides mention species of fish (e.g. http://seafood.edf.org) or types of fruit and vegetables (e.g. http://www.ewg.org/foodnews/list/). Is Product or SomeProduct appropriate for that, or that silly, and I should just extend Thing?

3. Is there a standard way to indicate an organization's parent organization (e.g. Burt's Bees is owned by Clorox)

4. I know this is intended for annotating HTML, but is there a standard/popular way to represent this metadata in JSON? I was hoping to store this information in CouchDB; JSON is also a de-facto standard for web APIs.

Thanks!

-Dave