From: Evain, Jean-Pierre [evain@ebu.ch]
Sent: Wednesday, August 29, 2012 1:10 PM
To: 'Dan Brickley'; Public Vocabs; Suliman, Suraiya H; Greg Grossmeier
Cc: Thomas Baker; Stuart Sutton
Subject: EXTERNAL: RE: Proposal for an additional term: mediaType

These are well known issues.

EBUCore precisely enriches DC to better address media.

Format is split into audio / video / data /image /document formats: generic types like MIMEtype, medium, container format and others are explicit.

The same for type refined into object type (is it a programme, a scene, a clip, etc.), the genre and the target audience.

Jean-Pierre